v4l2src lost frames on raspberrypi zero wifi

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Oct 10 13:13:20 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 10 octobre 2018 à 13:53 +0800, Dengke Du a écrit :
> > You are doing capture, software decode, software encode on a single
> > thread, on the slowest PI. You should look forward using raw
> > capture and omxh264enc, or doing directly encoded capture using
> > rpicamsrc.
>
> Thanks, but my device was USB camera, not raspberrypi camera module,
> does rpicamsrc working?

Only with Rasperry Pi Camera. Then try the other suggestion, which is
to at try and leverage HW decoder/encoder. I don't know if the Pi Zero
have multiple core, but you can also introduce queues in the pipeline
to distribute the load.

You can also reduce the framerate using "v4l2src ! videorate !
image/jpeg,framerate=5/1" to try and accommodate your small CPU. Just
run "top" on the side, both on your PC and your Pi, you'll see the
massive difference in CPU usage.

Nicolas