GST_IS_GL_DISPLAY assertion failure - Ubuntu 18.04 - NVIDIA

petros petroskataras at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:16:37 UTC 2018

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for your reply - This turned out to be a bug on my side that
would only manifest when having multiple players running in parallel. Sorry
for the false alarm.

That said and in the process of testing more aggressively the GL path the
last couple of days, I m experiencing a memory leak when constructing and
deconstructing multiple players that only happens when using GL elements in
the pipeline ( i.e the player has also support for the traditional appsink -
cpu path where I create the texture on my own from system memory without
using gst-gl elements and in this case the leak is not present. )

To make it even more interesting the leak doesn't seem to show when running
the app through Valgrind but I will post a separate topic for this.

Thanks again.
Petros