WebRTC dtls errors when sender and receiver are on different networks.

Mandar Joshi emailmandar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 05:05:05 UTC 2018

Hello,
I am getting errors from GDTlsConnection while using WebRTC with the
sender being on my workstation (wired connection) and receiver on an
Android Phone on Wifi but on a different network. The signalling
server is running on my workstation.

The network structure is
http://www.czarsoftech.com/opensource/images/webrtc_network_setup.png

The error in adb logcat is

GStreamer+dtlsconnection: 0:00:11.613128537 0xb7ad1db0
gstdtlsconnection.c:737:openssl_poll:<GstDtlsConnection at 0xb7a3df30>
do_handshake encountered BIO error

Can someone please tell me where I should start debugging ?

When the Android phone is connected to the same network as the
workstation, the pad-added callback is invoked but there are a few for
the 'BIO error' messages before that happens.

The problem occurs on a Linux laptop on the same network as the
Android Phone. However, here the error message is

dtlssrtpdemux gstdtlssrtpdemux.c:134:sink_chain:<dtlssrtpdemux1>
received invalid buffer: 1

The problem only occurs when the sender and the receiver are on
different networks. I am using Google's STUN server
stun://stun.l.google.com:19302

Any suggestions?

Regards
Mandar Joshi