GStreamer and Qt

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Oct 23 07:27:39 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-10-21 at 15:12 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:

> I was just hoping to be able to use Qt and GStreamer from Rust or D.

For both languages you should be able to use the Qt bindings and the
normal, gobject-introspection based GStreamer bindings.

I don't think anybody is ever going to do a second set of bindings on
top of the GStreamer Qt bindings (qt-gstreamer), even if they were not
unmaintained. There's no advantage of that and it's a lot of work.

Why do you think you need to use qt-gstreamer from Rust/D to be able to
use their Qt bindings?