udpsrc robustness for live stream

GalDa Galdalali at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:44:01 UTC 2018

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with live stream of H264 through UDP.

When the sender pipeline stoped working for some reason and I want to
restart it, the decoder got "stuck" as well (on the last image) although the
sender is back on and the stream is just fine.
What can I do in order that the decoder will always play what is coming from
the sender? even if an error occurd or the sender had a reset?

This is the decoder pipeline:

pipeline = gst_parse_launch("gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=54062 caps
=\"application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)[96, 127]\" ! rtph264depay !
decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink", NULL);