H265 encoded video stream to RTMP

justin junione1997 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 05:52:42 UTC 2018

Streaming H265 encoded video feed to RTMP server  Reply Follow

junione1997

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to build a pipeline that streams H265 encoded video
feed to WOWZA streaming engine (which uses RTMP).

I have got streaming working for H264 format fine, using below pipeline.

gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=1280,
height=720, format=I420, framerate=30/1' ! queue ! omxh264enc ! h264parse !
flvmux streamable=true ! queue ! rtmpsink location='rtmp://{IP
address}/live/'

It appears that however flvmux does not work with h265 format, so I am
little lost on how I can stream h265 format to rtmp server.

Has anyone successfully implemented this? Cheers

p.s. I cannot use MKV as RTMP only takes flvp