v4l2src does not support progressive interlacing

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Oct 27 09:48:52 UTC 2018

Le samedi 27 octobre 2018 à 04:27 -0500, avilleret a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I do have the same issue with a BlueCherry capture card (BT878 - Provideo
> PV150) and gsttreamer 1.14.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.
>
> here is the pipeline :
>
> GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=1 GST_DEBUG="v4l2*:7" gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src
> name=video_source device=/dev/video0 !
> video/x-raw,format=YUY2,width=768,height=512,framerate=25/1  ! videoconvert
> ! autovideosink 2> gst.log
>
> and the result is here :
> https://gist.github.com/avilleret/db588687ce5121efc4125a5989a128c9
>
> note the error on line 408 :
> ERREUR : de l’élément /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:video_source :
> Device '/dev/video0' does not support progressive interlacing
>
> I'll try to build gstreamer with your patch and let you know.

That would be great report. As for now only INTERLEAVED and PROGRESSIVE
is supported, the previous report was not that useful to check if the
patch works for these two cases.

For sequential, I've discussed a bit around, and the dual video meta
requirement, that would make such implementation a night mare could
likely be dropped. Unless I found any blocker to this, it should be
relatively short to implement. Ideally I'd teach the software
interlace/deinterlace element to handle that, which is just a different
way to index lines after all, it's remains the same format as
interleaved. For that, I actually have some HW that would then let me
test this support, and test the attached patch.