v4l2src does not support progressive interlacing

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:38:34 UTC 2018

hi Nicolas,

as far as i understand v4l2-compliance output (
https://gist.github.com/avilleret/0eb894d58612d91aba7ab81f9d823dbf)
bttv driver does support TRY_FMT
but I might be wrong

on the other side, I made further test with your path, and it seems to work.
'it seems' because strangely a test pipeline abord with the output you've
already look at.
But my program (based on OpenFrameworks) does work with your patch while it
didn't with gstreamer 1.14 from Ubuntu 18.04 repo.
I don't know actually what trigs the error you see and why the test
pipeline abord before displaying anything,
maybe I miss some extensions/plugins.

Thanks for your time, and I might make further test tomorrow if you need.

Best

Antoine