How to get the RTP/RTCP timestamps at Rx for video frames send from Tx.

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:36:25 UTC 2018

Hi Nicolas,

I added a probe for probing buffer and could retrieve the PTS and DTS from
the buffer.
Is it legit to consider that one buffer is one frame transmitted from Tx ?
I am operating a camera at 30fps. Attached is an histogram at the Rx end for
first 500 timestamp values.

Link to image : https://imgur.com/a/RoWd1yf

Observations :

1. class of 400ms for the histogram
2. the number of buffers range from 36-55, which means minimum 34 buffers
pushed for 400ms and maximum 55 buffers for 400ms.

I am trying to understand the behavior here, considering at 30 fps (1
frame=33.33 ms + all latencies). Even if the best possible scenario of
33.33ms for 400ms results into  33.33 *400 ms = 1782ms.

It does not seem to me that one buffer is one frame. Or is my understanding
incorrect ?

Regards.