how to bypass the "gstglcolorconvertelement" during playback?

tugouxp 13824125580 at 163.com
Mon Sep 3 11:37:18 UTC 2018

hi folks:

i am testing the gst playback function with following commands:
      gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///mnt/UDISK/xingji.mp4 video-sink="glimagesink x=0 y=0 width=400 height=400"
my display hardware support hardware overlay function(support isolated graphic layers of rgb and yuv),  so i expect the video would be displayed on a independent yuv layer, not share with the GUI layer.
but beyond my expection, i found from the display registers that only ONE RGB layer was used during the playback ,which means the video and RGB are mixed together to the some  GUI layer.

and the GST pipeline flow shows that. too, you can see that there are extra "gstglcolorconvertelement"  elements doing the covert operation frome  YUV12 format to RGB .
that was not what i wanted.
so how to bypass the "glimagesink" elements so tath the yuv data can directly show on the yuv layer without convertion?

thanks for your kindly help.

the attachment and the following picture are same, you can refer anyone.