basesink : render or render_list ?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Sep 5 10:46:34 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 09:48 +0000, Duchassin Frédéric wrote:

Hi,

> I try to make a plugin based on basesink.
> When the render() or render_list() function are called please ?
> First test on my own plugin show that render_list() is never called.
> Is there a parameter which allow use of bufferlist ??

render_list() will only be called if upstream actually sends a buffer
list, which very few plugins do. Are you sure that's happening in your
case? Some rtp payloaders do and render_list() is used in udpsink for
that reason.

Cheers
-Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference! 25-26 October 2018 in Edinburgh,
Scotland