Gstreamer custom sink renderer takes too long time !

Duchassin Frédéric duchassin at sefram.fr
Wed Sep 5 12:41:10 UTC 2018

Hello All !

I try to make my own sink.
My main problem is that my renderer is quite slow (about 50000ns to get out render() function) and give poor performance with high input bitrate. (packet lost !)

For example a case which doesn't work :
This is the interval between each time I feed my sink (without renderer):
dt=127654ns
dt=138320ns
dt=51995
dt=55661
dt=75326
dt=139319
dt=76660
dt=91991
dt=159318
dt=91991
dt=21664
dt=54995
dt=88324
dt=135986
dt=88324
dt=18665
dt=81326
dt=51995
dt=77659
dt=100990
dt=17665
dt=78659

As you can see, sometimes I feed my sink every 21 µs and as my renderer take 50µs, I can lose packet.

Can you advice me about a way to stop feeding my sink during renderer ???
Or if there is another way....

Thanks in for your help.

Frederic