Cerbero GStreamer recipes are now built with Meson

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:56:29 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 10:12 PM David Ing <ding at panopto.com> wrote:
> The environment variables `CC` and `CXX` are overridden inside of the file `cerbero/config/linux.config`.  Sure, I can hack the file (along with the flags and everything) but it still doesn't work because there are lots of incompatibilities.  For example, this is the first error I see after `./cerbero-uninstalled build gstreamer-1.0`

I think you forgot to run bootstrap? Anyway, bootstrap fails with
clang while building m4, so I built the build-tools with gcc (doesn't
matter what they are built with). Then, the first failure was in
gobject-introspection:

./g-ir-compiler --includedir=. --includedir=./gir --includedir=.
--includedir=. --includedir=./gir --includedir=. gir/cairo-1.0.gir -o
gir/cairo-1.0.typelib
clang-6.0: error: unknown argument: '-fcf-protection'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/distutils/unixccompiler.py", line 127, in _compile
    extra_postargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/distutils/ccompiler.py", line 909, in spawn
    spawn(cmd, dry_run=self.dry_run)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/distutils/spawn.py", line 36, in spawn
    _spawn_posix(cmd, search_path, dry_run=dry_run)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/distutils/spawn.py", line 159, in _spawn_posix
    % (cmd, exit_status))
distutils.errors.DistutilsExecError: command 'ccache' failed with exit status 1

So that either needs to be fixed, or introspection needs to be
disabled everywhere as a start. Overall, I think this is probably
doable. The main issues will be autotools recipes, but any meson
recipes should be fine.