correct usage of elements 'tee' and 'output-selector'

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:47:41 UTC 2018

I have the following pipelines :

1. gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! tee  name=t  ! glimagesink t. !
fpsdisplaysink

2. gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! output-selector  name=ops  ! glimagesink
ops. !  fpsdisplaysink

When I run these pipelines, I see the following behaviour:

1. For pipe1 : two render windows are displayed and the video is freezed in
one window(opengl renderer), and the other rendering window is black.
2. For pipe2 : one render window is displayed and the video is freezed

I was expecting to see a continuous video stream in both the cases.
Could anyone tell me where I am going wrong with this?  There are also not
many examples of using output-selector. Can anyone provide me some examples
of using the output-selector, wherein I want to switch the output based on
user-input.

Regards.