qmlglsink from Python

Eric Johnson - hardware hardware at darcygirl.com
Wed Sep 19 05:06:49 UTC 2018

I am trying to use qmlglsink from python (PyQt5) so that I can display
video content in a qml QQuickItem.

As a first step I was trying to port the example in
    gst-plugins-good-1.14.3/tests/examples/qt/qmlsink

The problem I am having is that I don't know how to get a pointer to the
QQuickItem which is needed by the widget property of qmlglsink.

The following code
        videoItem = root.findChild(QtQuick.QQuickItem, "videoItem")
        sink.set_property("widget", videoItem)
gives me the error:
       TypeError: could not convert <PyQt5.QtQuick.QQuickItem object at
0x7f177ea3b048> to type 'gpointer' when setting property 'GstQtSink.widget'

If anyone can suggest how to resolve this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric