ANNOUNCEMENT: GStreamer Gitlab Accounts

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 06:07:02 UTC 2018

Hi!

As you may have heard, GStreamer is planning to move to the Gitlab
instance hosted by freedesktop.org.

For this we need your help, so please keep reading!

We will not be able to move user accounts from Bugzilla to Gitlab so in
order to seamlessly transition some information from
https://bugzilla.gnome.org to https://gitlab.freedesktop.org we would
like you to create or recover an account on
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org.  You can go to
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org and hit 'Forgot your password?' and
follow the prompts.  Otherwise, you will need to create an account by
hitting 'Register' or signing up using the provided authentication services.

The process for matching users between bugzilla and gitlab is reliant on
matching email addresses.  This means that in order for the CC list and
assignee's from bugzilla to be migrated to gitlab, the email address you
use for bugzilla must be a verified email address in gitlab.  It does
*not* have to be your primary email address in gitlab however it does
have to be verified.  If you have used multiple GNOME bugzilla email
addresses over the years, you should also add each bugzilla email to gitlab.

We will keep you updated on progress and dates when we get closer to the
migration, but for now we would just like to ask everyone to start
making sure they have an account on https://gitlab.freedesktop.org

Cheers
-Matt