gst-plugins-rs install from git ?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:42:57 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:26 PM Ray Tiley <raytiley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 7:54 PM John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There is a Makefile included with gst-plugins-rs but it does not include
>> a "install" target.  What is the correct way to install these libraries
>> such that included functionality can be used in a gstreamer pipeline?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> John
>>

> I've set the GST_PLUGIN_PATH = path/to/rust-plugin/target/debug on
> systems while testing a plugin.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried doing that, but `gst-inspect-1.0 | grep
mcc` only shows:
typefindfunctions: application/x-mcc: mcc
(I also tried Mcc)

I would expect it to find "Mcc Encoder Element" from
gst-plugins-rs/gst-plugin-closedcaption, but it does not.  Do you have any
idea what I might be doing wrong?

TIA,

John