h264 encoding "divisible by 2"

Igors igors at eias3d.com
Tue Apr 2 04:26:19 UTC 2019

Hello again

My venture with h264 is continuing. I've found another h264 encoder:
vtenc_x264, it works fine with odd size(s) and produced files are readable
with popular players. But I've got another prob: it can't save a single
frame or few frames, for example

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=10 ! videoconvert !
video/x-raw,format=I420 ! vtenc_h264 ! qtmux ! filesink
location=test_264.mov

It works fine but if num-buffers=3 (or 1) then output movie is junk 616
bytes

I want a simple thing - just save video in a popular h264, why all is so
complex? What am I doing wrong?

Thx