Help with development on a project

Andy Shutler andy at cydonian.ca
Tue Apr 2 21:47:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to put together an android app using Gstreamer.

What I require is more complex than the e samples provided and I was
wondering if I could get some development services from someone more
familiar with the library as I want to get this put together fairly
quickly.

Basically, what I am looking for needs to operate on a local LAN, with
potentially no Internet. Each client will connect to a server so would like
to use multicast and an RTSP server. Each client needs to be synchronized
time wise so it really is an extension to the rtsp clock samples. The
server needs to continually play a file (an OGG or MP3 format file) with
connected clients hearing the file played repeatedly until the server user
plays a different file upon request (it then goes back to playing the
original file repeatedly again).

The restrictions I have is that the clients need to be in sync with the
server without an NTP server on the network (ideally).

The operation can be thought of as a band conductor (server) that plays a
tempo track until he wants to start the song and plays a count in track,
and then back to the tempo track again. The clients are obviously the band
members listening to the tracks to get tempo and indication of the song
starting.

The final version for this app will be on Android, but I dont mind doing to
coding for this part, it's really the gstreamer construction for managing
the loading of sound files, RTSP multicast server and network clock syncing
that I'm interested in getting help with.

If you could help with this please let me know.

Thanks!

Andy