Compiling gst and plugins without installing globally on machine?

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Mon Apr 8 09:19:21 UTC 2019

I want to do a modification to the mpegtsmux module inside gst-plugins-bad.

I have checked out the git repos side by side in a folder.

   - gstreamer
   - gst-plugins-base
   - gst-plugins-good
   - gst-plugins-bad

I can compile the first, but when I compile the gst-plugins-base I am told
that it requires the first to be installed globally in my system. That
conflicts with the current gstreamer version that is installed on the
system.

Is that the way to proceed or is there a way to tell the plugins to use the
gstreamer from the neighbour folder.

Kind regards

Jesper