GStreamer Compute

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Mon Apr 8 15:45:48 UTC 2019

I hope there is an expert on this list who can answer your question.

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to say that this is
potentially a very useful thing to do.  I think there is something about
processing streams of information, which gstreamer does quite well, which
seems central to the way that sensory signals *should* be processed (e.g.
in the context of computer vision problems).  I can imagine doing something
like the Van Essen diagram with gstreamer and OpenCL.

I think having some kind of example around basic convolution -- even
something extremely basic (e.g. sobel edge detection) -- would be a great
example to work from.

I had not heard about SYCL until today, but I just noticed that SYCL seems
to extend some C++ AMP concepts (where GPU code is written as C++ lambda
expressions).  Personally I think this is the correct approach.