Rtsp server fed from a playbin?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Apr 9 15:14:18 UTC 2019

Le mardi 09 avril 2019 à 09:06 -0400, Andy Shutler a écrit :
> Hello,
> I am very new to Gstreamer and want to start an RTPS multicast server that is streaming a file that is dynamically switchable. When clients connect they all hear what is currently playing in sync.
>
> To start with, is it possible to feed an RTSP server from a playbin? Is this the best way to achieve what I want to do and is there a good example I could use on how best to implement it?

Most of a time, I decouple the RTSP server from the source stream using appsink/appsrc. This makes switching file a bit easier, even though you need to keep track of the time to ensure continuity when switching. For the sync part, that's a tad more work, and I don't know all the details, but you need to setup a shared clock between your server and your receiver if you want perfect timing. Otherwise, it will only be approximately the same.