Error in compiling 1.15.2 in Raspberry pi

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Apr 10 18:48:06 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 22:22 +0400, Abu Abdullah wrote:

Hi

> thank you, it works now. im not sure if it is related to the last
> update to raspberrypi kernel (4.19.34-v7+). i will check it with
> older kernels

It's not related to the kernel or any other updates, it's a change that
was made in GStreamer.

It's not a problem either, just suboptimal from a performance point of
view, hence a compiler warning.

The reason it happens is that by default the compiler on raspbian will
target armv6 so that things work with all rpi models.

If you don't need to support all models but e.g. only care about rpi3
you can target armv8 which I believe supports the required
instructions/primitives and avoids the warning.

Cheers
 Tim