Mixing different sources from network even if one doesn't exist anymore

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Apr 11 12:57:19 UTC 2019

Le jeu. 11 avr. 2019 05 h 10, Jack <jack at rybn.org> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I would like to mix different audio sources coming from internet (from
> different Icecast server). But, I would like the mix continue even if a
> stream doesn't exist anymore (so the pipeline doesn't return an error
> and exit).
> What is the best practice to achieve that ?

The audiomixer element can do that. You have to configure a latency (see
property of the same name, in nanosecond). This latency will allow a bit of
delay between streams. If a stream goes missing, the timeout will be
reached, and only available streams will be mixed. If they are all gone,
silent buffers will be produced. If you have a mean to detect idle stream,
be aware that performance is slightly improved if you remove the requested
pad, as it may no longer have to wait for the timeout to mix.

Thanx.