RTSP: how to stream individual YUV frames

adam255 shunguang at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 13:30:47 UTC 2019

Hello GStreamer-developers,

I am new to this field, and  I have a problem to encode and transmit
real-time YUV420 images produced  by another thread and stored in device
(GPU) memory with x264 codec format.

I found an example at
http://github.com/GStreamer/gst-rtsp-server/blob/master/examples/test-launch.c
<http://github.com/GStreamer/gst-rtsp-server/blob/master/examples/test-launch.c>
But it transmits a video file with g_main_loop, are there any examples to
use a for-loop to do the frame-by- frame process?

BTW, my system is developed by C++, I prefer to wrap this task into a new
thread: whenever there is a new frame in its input queue, the RTSP encodes
and transmits it, otherwise it just goes to sleep.

Thank you,

-adam