How can I implement stream cache in a gstreamer application?

Jeonghum journeyerhum at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 08:35:48 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am a newbie in gstreamer world.
And I need to implement stream data cache in an application that is based
on gstreamer.

(Version of gstreamer might be 1.0)

The stream data cache is a cache mechanism that caches stream data and
later if the user wants to play the very same stream, the application
firstly check if the stream data is stored in cache memory/storage. And if
the stream data is found from the cache memory/storage, the application
plays it without fetching the same stream data from the internet again.

I wonder if gstreamer or any plugins provide this feature already. If not,
how am I supposed to approach to implement this cache mechanism?

I hope some simple advice be given to me from some of you ... ;-)

Thank you very much in advance!

Jeonghum Joh
Uiwang, South Korea