AES67 sender pipeline options

Jonas Licht jonas.licht at fem.tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Apr 15 21:35:49 UTC 2019

Hi James,

ah I understood.
I also played around a little bit with AES67, so therefore I'm
interested in your approach.

But I have some Problems to get the accuracy you have reached.
After some testing the few last days, I figured out, maybe the absolute
time of PTP Clock can be the cause of my offset.

So my beginning was to use the ptp4l with a NIC included a PHC.
Then, I add a probe on my pipeline at the sink pad of the rtpL24pay and
set the timestamp-offset based on the PHC Time.
But I experienced that my timestamps was around 200ms in the future,
than the timestamps of the arriving packets of a direct attached AES67
device.
However, it could be also a device specific problem.

Jonas