dvb card Si2168 fails to play content

Dani MR dmr.dev.rdp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:09:28 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I have been successfully using the dvbsrc element with many different
dvb usb receivers, however if the DVB card Silicon Labs Si2168 is used,
GStreamer throws the following debug messages:

    WARN dvbsrc
    gstdvbsrc.c:2096:gst_dvbsrc_output_frontend_stats:<dvbsrc> Failed
    to get statistics from the device: Unknown error 524 /(this error is
    printed repeteadly until the default timeout of 10s finishes)/
    WARN dvbsrc gstdvbsrc.c:2302:gst_dvbsrc_tune_fe:<dvbsrc> Unable to
    lock on signal at desired frequency
    WARN dvbsrc gstdvbsrc.c:2318:gst_dvbsrc_tune_fe:<dvbsrc> Could not
    tune to desired frequency
    WARN dvbsrc gstdvbsrc.c:2578:gst_dvbsrc_tune:<dvbsrc> Unable to
    tune frontend
    ERROR dvbsrc gstdvbsrc.c:1955:gst_dvbsrc_start:<dvbsrc> Not able to
    lock on to the dvb channel
    [...]
    Unable to set the pipeline to the playing state.

Unfortunately, we need to work under the 1.6.x version of Gstreamer (I
know this is a very old version of Gst and the use of more recent
versions is encouraged). I have used other DVB cards such as the DiBcom
7000PC with exactly the same code and it works perfectly. Besides, both
cards work fine in VLC or Kaffeine (Ubuntu 14.04).

Does anyone have any clue on what may be happening? If updating
gstreamer solves it,  is it safe to compile and update 1.6 version of
gstreamer with only including the latest version of the dvbsrc element?

Many thanks in advance,

Dani