interlace field-pattern=2:2 renders faster video than audio

Federico Allegretti allegfede at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 17:13:04 UTC 2019

hello, i have some videos that have strange behaviour.

the command i use to render those clips on am intensity pro is:

 gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin
uri=file:///home/v1p3r/Video/temp/spot_i_miei_diritti_video_accelerato.mpg
name=decode decode. ! deinterlace ! autovideoconvert ! interlace
field-pattern=2:2 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=UYVY ! videoscale !
video/x-raw,width=720,height=576 ! videorate ! video/x-raw,framerate=25/1 !
decklinkvideosink mode=3 decode. ! audioconvert !  audio/x-raw,
format=S32LE, channels=2 ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw, rate=48000 !
decklinkaudiosink

but some of them (the one of the example) results in video rendered faster
than audio (that is ok in pitch and duration).

it do not depends if original footage is interlaced or not:
spot_linea_verde_febbraio_2014_ok.mpg is rendered perfect
spot_i_miei_diritti_video_accelerato.mpg is faster video than audio ....
spot_avis_video_accelerato.mpg is interlaced .... faster video than audio

those clips are in my mega account if you want to test on your systems (my
mega account):
https://mega.nz/#F!4pMXmARI!f1DI_GskcknQhs2ZSSTcRg

Do someone have an idea of what is appening?
I suspect is the interlace field-pattern=2:2 .... but how i can bypass it
and still render to the decklink sink?

thanks a lot,

Federico
--