Appsink: How to drop samples?

Ilya Aleshkov ilya.aleshkov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 17:53:49 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a pair of pipelines for recording (thanks to Nicolas Dufresne):

ksvideosrc ... ! tee name=t
    t. ! queue ! glimagesaink
    t. ! queue ! appsink

appsrc ! x264enc tune=zerolatency ! video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream
! filesink location=video.h264

My app pass the samples from appsink to appsrc when needed. Everything
works.
But I have to always keep the emit-signals
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-appsink.html#GstAppSink--emit-signals>
property
enabled. I guess It's not good for performance. Am I right? If I enable
emit-signals only while recording I get a large time shift in recorded
files. It looks like buffering inside appsink. How to drop these samples?

Thanks,
Ilya