Dynamically chaning video streams in a single mp4 file

chintu2248 chintu2248 at protonmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:28:11 UTC 2019

I have an mp4 file which has 1 audio track and 10 video tracks. The video
tracks basically contain the the recording of the same event , but from
different angles.  I wanted to know if it is possible to change the
video track on the fly based on the users input preference.

Right now, I am using decodebin3 to create the pipeline, and the decodebin3
creates a pipeline for the 1st video track.

However, I can, using the "update_requested_selection" api in the decodebin3
change the video track that is being played in the beginning itself.

What I wanted to know is that, is there any way  that, I can dynamically
change the playing track from
video track 1 to video track 3 or video track 5 , WHILE the playback is gong
on ?

If it is not possible using decodebin3 , would it be possible to create such
an application by manually creating the pipeline ?

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
Regards,