gst-inspect-1.0 vaapi gives 0 features on Ubuntu

Saurabh Bora saurabh9bora at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:40:55 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I have installed prebuilt binaries of gstreamer 14.4 on Ubuntu 18.04
It did not have gstreamer1.0-vaapi. Hence, I installed it using command -
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-vaapi.
Now, when I run the following command, I get output stating 0 features:
gst-inspect-1.0 vaapi

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plugin Details:
  Name                     vaapi
  Description              VA-API based elements
  Filename
 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/libgstvaapi.so
  Version                  1.14.1
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gstreamer-vaapi
  Source release date      2018-05-17
  Binary package           gstreamer-vaapi
  Origin URL
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

  0 features:

I expected output stating features such as vaapivp8enc, vaapivp8dec, etc.
Could anyone please help me understand the reason behind this?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Saurabh Bora

PH NO : 7038166900