receiving multiple rtp audi streams

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Apr 30 09:14:29 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-04-30 at 10:00 +0200, Mikkel Pihl wrote:

Hi Mikkel,

Not sure if this is an option for you and makes sense for your use
case, but if this is unidirectional I would recommend just using RTSP
instead of setting up RTP pipelines yourself 'manually', e.g. something
like this as sender:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-rtsp-server/blob/master/examples/test-launch.c

with

  alsasrc !  audio/x-raw,format=S32LE,rate=48000,channels=2 !
audioconvert ! rtpL24pay name=pay0

as pipeline string, and then on the client side you can just do:

  rtspsrc location=rtsp://1.2.3.4/test ! rtpL24depay ! audioconvert !
..

or even

  uridecodebin uri=rtsp://1.2.3.4/test ! audioconvert ! ...

As for debugging your existing receiver pipeline, have you tried
without the audiomixer already? I would first try with two audio sinks
(e.g. pulsesink if you have pulseaudio running on your system) or just
two fakesink silent=false (so it will print output with gst-launch-1.0
-v when it receives buffers).

That way you should be able to narrow it down to the RTP part or the
audiomixing/sinks part at least.

Cheers
 Tim