Avoid data copying for appsink and tee

Stefan Persson johli392 at student.liu.se
Tue Apr 30 12:04:13 UTC 2019

Hi,

I would like to analyse the video data that is being to sent to
autovideosink for display in the Android app.

My plan is to use an appsink element and tee the output to that one. However
I'd like to avoid any copying the data as the appsink will only read the
content and output statistics.

How can I minimize the performance loss? Are there any caps for appsink or
tee I can set to force pass by reference?

I'd like to avoid having to write a complete plugin for this as the code
will only be used in one small part of the app.

Best Regards