The identity plugin not being called per frame?

pisymbol . pisymbol at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:38:39 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM pisymbol . <pisymbol at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, I'd say use appsink and implement your own, it's really trivial
>> thing to do, and then you can fully customized for your needs without
>> any race.
>>

> Via new-sample?

Sorry, to be more specific. Are you saying do something like this:

... ! h264parse ! tee name=t0 ! queue ! muxer.video_0 t0. ! queue ! appsink
name=appsink0

And then when I receive a max-file-duration roll over event, flush the
appsink queue out via pull_samples? That won't work since I need to
timestamp packets as they come in.

Or do you mean do something synchronous using appsrc and appsink? But I
don't understand how that would work. Unless I need separate plugins, one
to write a timestamp and attach it to a buffer as meta data and then one to
drain the appsink later down in the pipeline to write out my side capture
file.

Can you show me a quick pipeline example (just pipeline syntax) of where I
could catch the roll-over event from the demuxer which would in turn cause
my application to write out all the packets that were written out to a
location?

-aps