Extracting timestamp and proprietary metadata

doodlepuffs mikey_lue777 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 04:10:35 UTC 2019

I have a question regarding extracting timestamps and proprietary metadata,
currently I am using this pipeline shown below, with opencv.

rtspsrc location={} drop-on-latency=0 latency={} !'
'rtph264depay ! h264parse ! decodebin ! videoconvert! videoscale !'
'video/x-raw, format=(string)BGR, width=(int){}, height=(int){},'
'framerate=25/1 ! timeoverlay halignment=right valignment=bottom text
="Stream time:" shaded-background=true ! videoconvert ! '
'appsink emit-signals=true sync=true max-buffers=3 drop=false')

I am wondering if it was possible to extract the timestamp from the overlay
(more than likely not, but open to other options) and obtaining metadata or
writing metadata to the frames when extracted.

P.S. I am a newb, only able to code in python. Still learning about
gstreamer.

Thanks.