A plugin to control bitrate?

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Thu Aug 8 15:56:35 UTC 2019

If you wanted to modify the bitrate of encoded data, you would need to
decode it and then re-encode it at the new bitrate.  Typically the encoder
is where you would set the new bitrate.

The only exception would be related to formats such as HLS, where several
different variants of a stream are pre-encoded (at different bitrates) and
you can select which variant to consume.  There may be a plugin for
consuming HLS streams but I do not know it off the top of my head.