do-timestamp=true and identity plugin

doodlepuffs mikey_lue777 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 02:19:51 UTC 2019

Nicolas Dufresne-5 wrote
> Le jeudi 08 août 2019 à 02:47 -0500, doodlepuffs a écrit :
>> I am a bit curious, do-timestamp=true and the identity plugin in the
>> gstreamer pipeline are the same thing right? The only time i see the
>
> No, do-timestamp is a property that tells basesink to set timestamp on
> buffers automatically. identity is an element that does no thing, but
> has some debugging features.

Oh, I see. Was searching in stackoverflow and different blogs that said
identity was able to provide the timestamp for the video stream.

>> timestamp is when I exit the video stream, then "Execution ended after
>> 0:00:05.348379438" Is this the timestamp people are referring to when
>> trying
>> to extract it from video streams? I am very confused. Also how do I read
>> it
>> without exiting the video stream.
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand this question.

I meant when i used do-timestamps=true in the gstreamer pipeline, didn't see
anything related to time apart from when i exited the video stream and there
is an output on the command line that says :

Execution ended after
> 0:00:05.348379438

It seems as though it provides the timestamp for the entire time the stream
has been running.