Decodebin errors

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Aug 11 22:13:12 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-08-11 at 13:52 +0100, Geoff Clements wrote:

Hi Geoff,

> For me decodebin is working fine except when both these conditions
> are hit:
> 1. The stream is audio/x-flac.
> 2. The stream to the client starts from somewhere in the middle of
> the file on the server (the server can do this and I have no control
> of this)
>
> The error message is:
> gsticydemux.c(481): gst_icydemux_typefind_or_forward ():
> /GstPipeline:stormpipe/GstBin:bin1/GstDecodeBin:decoder/GstICYDemux:i
> cydemux1:
> No caps found for contents within an ICY stream

Sounds like icydemuxer/the typefindfunctions don't handle that case
properly.

What kind of FLAC data do you get inside the ICY wrapper? Does it
contain a FLAC stream header or is that skipped entirely and it's just
FLAC frames?

If you have an easy way to reproduce it, maybe you could capture some
data after the http source element with

 ... ! gdppay ! filesink location=icy-flac.gdp

and then file an issue about this so we can try and reproduce it with
the gdp file.

Cheers
 Tim