rtspsrc over tcp protocols not work

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Aug 12 11:00:29 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-08-12 at 04:56 -0500, diyin wrote:
> The rtsp server is a ip camera.The gstreamer version is v1.8.3.

That's a very old version. I would recommend updating, even if this
won't solve your specific problem here it would at least solve lots of
others. Including security issues in the RTSP code.

> Here is the wireshark pcapng,the rtsp server ip is 44.120.46.193,my
> device
> ip is 44.120.46.78.
> rtspovertcp.pcapng
> <
> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t378764/rtspovertcp.pcapng
> >
> Thanks a lot!

Can you create a gitlab issue with that?

I only looked shortly now but this looks like yet another server that
sends broken data.

What happens here if I see it correctly is that after packet 195 the
packets that are sent by the server are broken. After the interleaved
RTP packet sent in packet 195 there's some garbage, and that garbage
continues from there on. I assume somewhere in the garbage there are
still some interleaved RTP packets but it's not allowed in RTSP to send
random garbage between valid RTSP messages. I believe ffmpeg/VLC have
some resyncing code for this, we currently don't do that (because it's
simply a broken server!) but it would probably make sense to add some
code for trying to recover from such situations.

As you can see, wireshark also starts failing to parse all packets
after 195, which happens for the same reason.

My guess is that this is another live555-based RTSP server. I saw this
kind of bug with many of them in the past, and so far none of the
camera/etc vendors I'm aware of bothered to fix it on their side
because "it works in VLC".

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com