gst-rtsp-server

horai ivo.hora at seznam.cz
Sat Aug 17 10:15:46 UTC 2019

Dear all,

I have a gst-rtsp-server running behing NAT, it happily accepts connections
as well as streaming over TCP and it runs on standard 8554 port.
Actually, I would like to start streaming to the internet and utilize the
UDP protocol, unfortunately, the only thing which passes is the request over
TCP but it fails to provide any UDP packets.
I had the idea that the server must open specific ports which I can than
forward on NAT (port forwarding) network node the server is behind, that did
not work.
Now it came to my mind that specifying the server port is not necessary, but
I have to specifity the client port to which the server needs to deliver UDP
packets then I assume configuration of NAT is necessary on client side, but
I need the server to deliver UDP packets all the time to the same UDP port
to the client in order NAT to work.
Please, does anyone know how to tell the server to open (assign to client
object) exactly the same UDP port for client all every time the client
request stream?
Maybe I am not on the right way, so any other more convenient solution would
be also appriciated.

Thank you
Best regards,
Ivo