Dependencies for building VAAPI plugin

xargs gstreamer at xargs.com
Tue Aug 20 18:50:16 UTC 2019

I'm building GStreamer from source on Ubuntu 18.04, targeting an i965 video
card.  I've installed libva-dev, i965-va-driver, and vainfo.  vainfo returns
the expected results, but configure in gst-libav always comes up with
--disable-vaapi.  I've tried removing the system libva and installing libva
2.5 from source along with libdrm 2.4.99, but that had no effect.  I've
tried passing --enable-vaapi to autogen.sh, but configure still ends up with
--disable-vaapi.

Are there other dependencies I'm missing?