Pb with fps with mp4mux

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Tue Dec 3 16:45:59 UTC 2019

Your pipeline is basically moving h.264 packets from the udpsrc into the
mp4 file.

Unfortunately, you cannot modify the framerate by dropping some of the
h.264 packets.  You need to actually decode the video to drop frames.

You need to decode the video/x-h264 stream into video/x-raw, then re-encode
with an h.264 encoder.  Some h.264 encoders allow you to set the framerate
but some don't.  If you don't set the framerate on the encoder, you can add
some extra elements before going into the encoder.  Specifically you would
use a videoconvert element followed by a caps filter which specifies the
framerate, and then (a queue and) the h.264 encoder.