Pb with fps with mp4mux

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Wed Dec 4 16:15:12 UTC 2019

There is no way for a muxer to control the frame-rate when you have h.264
frames.  Except for the keyframes, all of the h.264 frames are defined in
terms of a change with respect to adjacent frames.  So if you remove one
h.264 frame, you destroy the information required to generate many adjacent
frames (in most cases).  This is why it is necessary to convert (decode)
the signal to video/x-raw, so you CAN remove individual frames; and then
convert (re-encode) back to video/x-h264.