Server-only candidate use case not working

Nazar Mokrynskyi nazar at restream.io
Tue Dec 10 14:53:16 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use Gstreamer's WebRTC functionality on server to which
client can connect.

There are a few problems though:
1) There is no way to figure out when ICE candidates were all collected
on server
(https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/issues/676),
which I have a dumb workaround for for now (ideally just disable Tricke
ICE and use no STUN/TURN servers)
2) I'd like to not send ICE candidates from client at all, since server
is expected to be reachable from public Internet anyway, in which case
Gstreamer doesn't seem to connect and connectionState gets stuck at
`connecting`

Am I approaching it from the wrong angle or Gstreamer is simply not
there in terms of WebRTC support yet?

--
Sincerely, Nazar Mokrynskyi