how to use tracer like latency leaks with api via code programatically

chakra wire.chakri at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 11:18:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a typical pipeline as below,

*rtspsrc->rtph264depay->rtph264pay->webrtcbin*

I want measure the exact latency introduced by pipeline in processing the
buffers and also to detect if any leaks.

I found a way using TRACER
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/additional/design/tracing.html

But the issues happens on my setup randomly and not always, and I cannot
keep the log enabled always as with below environment variables,

GST_TRACERS=leaks
GST_TRACERS=latency
GST_TRACERS=stats
GST_DEBUG="GST_TRACER:7"

So I am looking for a API(Code) way to enable and fetch tracer details
dynamically from pipeline on demand.

I could see some details here
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/additional/design/tracing.html?gi-language=c#tracer-api
on using it, but could not get a clear example to apply it

If some one can suggest an example/hint on this it would be helpful to
continue

Thanks