Streaming pi camera to multiple clients?

tiger tiger.aandkrobotics at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 07:12:02 UTC 2019

Hi there, I'm having lots of trouble finding a good answer to my question
around so I hope I can get answer here!

I need to stream a video feed and occasionally snap a photo of the camera
feed at the same time. The camera is a single USB camera connected to a
raspberry pi, and I am streaming it to a computer. The video and image are
needed in different applications on the same computer and I really don't
want to implement sharing the video across the applications.

My current stream uses this command "gst-rtsp-server/examples/test-launch '(
v4l2src device=/dev/front_camera ! x264enc pass=pass1 threads=5 bitrate=300
tune=zerolatency ! video/x-h264, width=320, height=240, framerate=20/1 !
h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=98 )' '8554'"". But it seems to only
allow one connection to it at a time. So I want to know how could I allow
both application to access the single camera feed? Also I cannot rely on
knowing the ip address of the client ahead of time.

Thanks for reading this.