UDP Video Streaming Over RTP Gets Faulty Over Wifi

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Dec 31 16:48:53 UTC 2019

Le mar. 31 déc. 2019 07 h 00, Osman Berk <osmanberkx0x at yandex.com> a écrit :

> With using rtpjitterbuffer latency=2000 and/or rtpbin I increased the
> success
> ratio of frame to %30~, after trying different pipelines over hours..
>
> I looked into rtpsink/rtpsrc, and I suppose they are only in Ubuntu19.
>
> Now that I am giving up on this mission over wifi, is this feasible or
> possible, sending video over wifi via udp, with help of rtp. It seems
> packet
> losses hit great deal to rendering.

As the other says, you need full RTP to get something like wifi running.
RTP sink/src and ristsink/src are recent addition to make this easy, as
using RTP in is non-trivial and requires programming. Unfortunately, recent
also imply that to get this into distro, we will need 1.18 to be out.

Meanwhile, have you considered using rtsp server + rtspsrc and enabling
retransmission ?