v4l2src hangs forever

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Feb 4 15:24:27 UTC 2019

Le lundi 04 février 2019 à 08:36 -0600, Frederik a écrit :
> Yes, it seems like it's waiting forever in
> gstv4l2bufferpool::gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_poll
> If I add a pre condition step (open /dev/video1 and then close /dev/video1
> )before starting the stream it's seems to work.
>
> Is there many improvements from 1.12 to 1.14 regarding v4l2  ?

It's documented here, https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/releases/1.14/

One to note is in 1.14.2, "v4l2bufferpool: Only return eos for M2M
devices not v4l2src when buggy driver sends empty buffer". That seems
like plausibly your case, some code made for decoders ended up causing
the source thread to stop silently.

Nicolas