udp audio streaming issue

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Feb 5 09:16:26 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 11:59 +0530, Pradeep Reddy wrote:

Hi,

> I am trying to record video + audio from udpsink but audio plays for
> only 1 second,after that there is no audio . Also I am getting
> jitters in video.
> Can you Please help?
>
> Below are my pipelines for sending and receiving udp stream, Please
> correct me.

> sender: (embedded board - db820c)
> gst-launch-1.0 ... mpegtsmux name=mpegts
> ! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink host=192.168.51.6 port=5000
>
> Receiver: (my laptop)
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000  !  tsparse ! tsdemux ...

Your are RTP-payloading the MPEG-TS stream from mpegtsmux. That's fine,
but not strictly required. You can also send the MPEG-TS stream
directly without RTP payloading (in which case use mpegtsmux
alignment=7).

If you RTP payload the stream, the receiver side should look something
like:

  udpsrc ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtpmp2tdepay ! tsdemux ...

and if you don't RTP payload the stream, something like:

  udpsrc ! queue ! tsdemux ! ...  should work.

Cheers
 Tim